Forgotten Harvest Presents 16th Annual Cruisin’ to Drive Out Hunger – SilverEdge Sponsors
August 17 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The 16th Annual Cruisin’ to Drive Out Hunger the official Woodward Dream Cruise preview party on Friday, August 17 hosted by Westborn Market!
The Woodward Dream Cruise spans 16 miles from Ferndale to Pontiac and features 40,000 classic rides and more than 1.4 million spectators — with our charity preview right in the heart of the action! The event features delicious food from local restaurants, live entertainment, dancing and of course classic car action — it’s an event you don’t want to miss!
Highlights of the event include:
- Metro Detroit’s best taste fest
- Sneak preview of the Woodward Dream Cruise®
- Specialty cocktails and craft brews
- Live music by Larry Lee and the Back in the Day Band
- Photo booth fun
- Valet parking
- Silent auction featuring the best of metro Detroit
- Dress code is summer chic
- Restaurants include: Benihana, Chive Kitchen, Green Dot Dining & Cocktails, Vinsetta Garage, Guernsey Farms Dairy, Flemings & Johnny Noodle King
- Beverages include: Blake’s Hard Cider Co., Detroit City Distillery, Atwater Brewery
We are dedicated to relieving hunger in Metro Detroit and preventing nutritious food waste.
Forgotten Harvest was formed in 1990 to fight two problems: hunger and waste.
What We Do
Forgotten Harvest “rescued” over 45 million pounds of food last year by collecting surplus prepared and perishable food from 800 sources, including grocery stores, fruit and vegetable markets, restaurants, caterers, dairies, farmers, wholesale food distributors and other Health Department-approved sources. This donated food, which would otherwise go to waste, is delivered free-of-charge to 250 emergency food providers in the Metro Detroit area.